Terms and Conditions
the small print
1. Please check all artwork that has been sent to you carefully, for any errors and/or omissions, Whilst every care has been taken to ensure accuracy, please double check all elements and details, in particular any text and numbers including ANY addresses, postcodes and telephone and mobile numbers, E-mail and web addresses.To approve artwork please reply via email confirming approval to proceed to print. If there are any changes required a further proof will be supplied for your approval before we proceed further.TLC Online cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions noted after your final approval has been agreed.
2. Our standard print sizes are: Please note there is a minimum order of 250 sheets.
- Business Card – 85mm x 55mm
- Compliments Slips, Postcards – 210mm x 99mm
- A1 Posters – 594mm x 841mm
- A2 Posters – 420mm x 594mm
- A3 Posters – 297mm x 420mm
- A4 Flyers, Leaflets, Letterheads, Postcards, Promotion Cards – 210mm x 297mm
- A5 Flyers, Leaflets, Postcards, Promotion Cards – 148mm x 210mm
- A6 Flyers, Leaflets, Postcards, Promotion Cards – 105mm x 148mm
3. For over-sized Folders, we recommend that the job takes lamination if there is a solid image, otherwise the possibility of cracks on the spine is greater. So we don’t carry the consequences of the cracking if there is no lamination.
4. Turn Around Time starts from the date of approval and ends at the date of delivery.
5. Our average turn around time is 6 days excluding weekends and bank holidays. If a faster delivery is required other than the original turn around time on which the order placed, urgent notification must be given at time of order and an extra fee will be charged.
6. Our shipping dates are estimates, rather than guarantees. If a job required a guaranteed delivery then you should consider to bring the shipment forward by a day. Please notify us if you require printing by a certain date.
7. We use reputable courier companies to ship the jobs. But it’s not free when the courier is late and we will not be held liable for courier underperformance.
8. If you have any complaints about the damage and/or missing parts of the job, it should be reported to us within 24 hours of collection. Any claims after this period will be rejected.
9. If the job has been approved and subsequently cancelled by you (the client), it may have been plated. TLC Online will recover the cost from you for each set of plates made for the job at £75 per set (CYMK).
10. Where the job is shipped late, we will discount expedited jobs to the appropriate price of the service, but we will not discount the standard price. Delivery schedules are indicative rather than a guarantee of performance.
11. We will charge 10% interest on all overdue accounts.
12. All legal fees, including statutory demand fees, will be charged to the client, in the event of issuing legal proceedings in the collection of outstanding debts.
13. All deliveries with more than 300 Kgs will take a further 48 Hrs from shipping date.
1. A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by TLC Online for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
2. A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by TLC Online.
3. ‘Live Mode’ means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
4. ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
5. ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
6. ‘Hosting’ is a yearly cost to keep a client’s website activated online.
7. ‘Content’ is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
8. The contract between TLC Online and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
9. The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the TLC Online confirmation order email.
10. Email will be the primary method of contact with regard to all communication. Although TLC Online can be contacted by telephone or in person for our local customers, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. TLC Online cannot be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. TLC Online will acknowledge all emails within a 24 hour period excluding weekend and public holidays.
11. TLC Online will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit the quoted Project fee from the Client. TLC Online will then require the remaining 50% when the website goes live.
12. The deposit paid to TLC Online covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with TLC Online. The deposit is non refundable.
13. TLC Online shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
14. It is important for the Client to keep in contact with TLC Online throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for up to 2 months we will make up to 3 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
15. Where images used on the website have been purchased by TLC Online on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. TLC Online are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
16. TLC Online will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, TLC Online will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control. This is extremely rare, but it happens very occasionally.
17. All hosting offered by TLC Online is unlimited, however we reserve the right to limit accounts who abuse our generous terms as we see fit.
18. TLC Online cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by TLC Online.
19. Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, TLC Online do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines. This is beyond our control, we do however guarantee that as a result of search engine optimisation your website will improve it search engine listings. This means you will not be ranked first within the first month.
20. TLC Online will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. TLC Online will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of TLC Online is purely an estimate. This is due to the nature of having to wait for information from the client, and the number of changes that we need to make as a result of this. We always do our best to go live within dates specified however.
22. It is the Client’s responsibility to check with TLC Online whether Open Source Software is being used or not. This generally only applies to ecommerce website’s functionality.
23. TLC Online own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images that have been purchased by TLC Online for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by TLC Online are licensed only for use on the client website and are limited to no more than 20 images dependent on the size of the project. Item 17 is subject to item 16.
24. All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or TLC Online, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
25. Domain names will be registered by TLC Online and also registered to the TLC Online current address. Although the domain names are registered to TLC Online , the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, TLC Online will do this within a reasonable timeframe.
26. A domain name will be registered by TLC Online on behalf of the client once we have received the 50% deposit and 50% balance of the final payment and a completed design brief.
27. It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, TLC Online cannot be held liable for this. However, TLC Online will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
28. When a Client renews Hosting with TLC Online, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and TLC Online cannot be held liable for this.
29. Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the website was ordered by the Client. The Hosting will not be renewed if TLC Online cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for TLC Online to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item 22.
30. The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. TLC Online reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by TLC Online for reactivating the website/Hosting. Please ask for the current charge for this.
31. If the Client does not use TLC Online Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
32. Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from TLC Online or transfer a Domain name away from TLC Online, a £100 admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
33. TLC Online has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s web sites constitute TLC Online endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. TLC Online has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. TLC Online provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
34. TLC Online are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
35. If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Jigsaw Internet Ltd, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. TLC Online will not renew the Domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than Jigsaw Internet Ltd.
36. TLC Online has the right to take a 3.0% service charge payment on any payments received using a company credit card. If this is not acceptable to the client, we also accept debit cards, BACS and Cheque as an alternative payment method. There is no service charge for a normal credit card.
37. TLC Online makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction.
38. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Our Terms and Conditions were published on: 1st May 2016